You can help Interlochen Public Radio by volunteering to answer phones and process donations during one of our on air pledge drives. It's a fun way to support the station and meet fellow IPR listeners.
Volunteers register online through the Interlochen Center for the Arts volunteer portal. Here's how you can sign up for IPR and other volunteer opportunities (including ushering at Interlochen concerts):
- Click on this link and it will take you to the "Volunteer at Interlochen" page.
- The list will show all the volunteers opportunities. If we have an upcoming pledge drive, you will see it listed by name (e.g., "IPR Fund Drive Fall 2015").
- On the right click Log in to your account. Click on the Opportunities tab at the top.
- Find the shift you would like to volunteer for and click on it. (Please note if there is a zero (0) in the Shifts column of a shift, it means there are no openings for that shift.)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page where you should see the shift you selected. Under Actions, click on Sign Up, it will change to Confirm, click on Confirm. A dialog box will come up asking you to confirm your assignment.
In addition to your name and contact information, the following fields are required if you are creating a new profile:
- Volunteer work experience
- Reason for wanting to volunteer
- Emergency Contact Name
- Emergency Contact Relation
- Emergency Contact Home phone
- Fall/Winter Season Availability
- Winter/Spring Season Availability
- Summer Season Availability
- Year Round Availability
You will receive an email confirming your shift choice. If more than a day goes by and you have NOT received your confirmation email, please call Debbie at 231.276.4403.
Thanks for volunteering!