A couple years ago, Traverse City singer Drew Hale burst onto the country music scene when he won the national Country Showdown competition in Nashville. He got a $100,000 prize and the title of Best New Act in Country Music.
NPR News Headlines
- The Hypocrisy Of Eating At Mexican Restaurants
- Grenade Attack Tears Through Rally For Ethiopian Prime Minister
- Zimbabwe's President Emmerson Mnangagwa Unharmed After Explosion At Campaign Rally
- Katie Arrington, S.C. Republican Who Beat Mark Sanford, Is Badly Injured In Car Crash
- U.S. And South Korea Agree To Suspend Upcoming Military Exercises Indefinitely
News from Michigan Radio
- Jack Lessenberry quits Wayne State journalism post
- Pay no attention to those who doubt Detroit turnaround
- Howes: Ford's Corktown move evidence of Detroit's "Great Revival"
- Migrant mothers held without bond in Calhoun County Jail
- Monroe County says DTE Energy blindsided it in property tax negotiation