A Wisconsin town is getting a lot of attention these days, on the issue of drinking water. Waukesha lies outside the Great Lakes basin, but it has received permission to take water from Lake Michigan. Officials are still debating the political and financial impact, and a group of mayors is challenging the town’s action.
New Release of the Week
NPR News Headlines
- How To Get Dads To A Parenting Class? Ask Them To Read To Their Kid
- A Chocolate Candy Aims To Make The World Think About Hunger
- John Lewis' Graphic Memoir Wins 4 American Library Association Awards
- Trump To Nominate Heather Wilson As Secretary Of The Air Force
- Trump Signs 3 Executive Orders, Including Withdrawal From Pacific Trade Deal