For decades, residents living near the Wexford County Landfill have been dealing with contaminated drinking water. The landfill was built in the 1970s and was mismanaged at times. Now, a new proposal at the site is creating new concern for residents.
NPR News Headlines
- Food Stamp Program Makes Fresh Produce More Affordable
- It's An Easy Crime To Get Away With, But Prosecutors Are Trying To Change That
- Gospel Star Edwin Hawkins, Known For 'Oh Happy Day,' Dies At 74
- On Visit To Chile, Pope Faces Anger Over Sex-Abuse Scandal
- Couple Arrested After Children Found 'Shackled To Their Beds' In California Home
News from Michigan Radio
- Chinese company poised to enter U.S. market. It's just gotta change the brand name.
- Judge dismisses sex charge in female genital mutilation case
- Stateside 1.15.2018
- These two Michigan artists had “parallel” careers. Now they have side-by-side exhibits.
- Ways to overcome stigma around mental illness in the black community