Child care is hard to find in northern Michigan. Parents face year-long waiting lists to find someone to take care of their infants while they’re at work, and some are resorting to illegal providers they find on Facebook or Craigslist.
New Release of the Week
NPR News Headlines
- Avalanche Engulfs Student Trip In Japan, Leaving At Least 8 Presumed Dead
- New USPS Service Gives You A Peek Into Your Mailbox Before You Get Home
- Hong Kong Police Arrest 'Umbrella Movement' Pro-Democracy Organizers
- Trump's Agenda May Be Doomed Unless He Learns That 'Little' Stuff Matters
- Living With Zika In Puerto Rico Means Watching, Waiting And Fearing Judgment
News from Michigan Radio
- Happy Birthday Governor Milliken
- What questions do you have about Flint?
- State argues schools on potential closure list filed lawsuit prematurely, ask judge to dismiss
- In Detroit, another backlog of untested rape kits found in storage
- State health officials report an 8-fold increase in Hepatitis A cases in SE Michigan