Child care is hard to find in northern Michigan. Parents face year-long waiting lists to find someone to take care of their infants while they’re at work, and some are resorting to illegal providers they find on Facebook or Craigslist.
New Release of the Week
NPR News Headlines
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Elon Musk Seen Targeting Human-Computer Link In New Venture
- Google Hopes To Hire More Black Engineers By Bringing Students To Silicon Valley
- Pinkies Up! A Local Tea Movement Is Brewing
- Even With The Wars Behind Us, In Charleston, Cannonballs Still Found Below
News from Michigan Radio
- Suspensions down in Ann Arbor, but rates still high for poor & black kids
- In Detroit, Homeland Security chief hears immigration concerns, but "can't ignore the law"
- Stuggling neighborhoods watch as Detroit invests in better neighborhoods first
- Here's what's in the big Flint water settlement
- Stateside 3.27.2017