On the wall at Shirley’s in the Woods Cafe is an old tourist map of eastern Kalkaska County. Shirley Tracey says she bought it years before she owned her restaurant in Bear Lake.
New Release of the Week
NPR News Headlines
- Trump Says Keeping Syrian Refugees In Region Is 'Best Way To Help Most People'
- Democrats Want To Probe Trump Ties To Deutsche Bank. GOP Says, No Thanks
- House Votes To Impose New Russia Sanctions — And Also Tie Trump's Hands
- Trump: 'Time Will Tell' If Sessions Remains Attorney General
- Watch: Sen. McCain Calls For Compromise In Return To Senate Floor
News from Michigan Radio
- Flint's bottled water distribution taking "next steps"
- Pro-Trump group meets with 2018 hopefuls
- Detroit City Council approves benefits for residents near future bridge site
- Employers need workers, but job applicants are failing drug tests
- Great Lakes lawmakers tired of waiting for overdue Asian carp study