A growing body of research says more physically active kids do better in school. But, across the country, time for gym class and recess has been replaced with more sedentary time in classrooms. Traverse City Central Grade School is doing the opposite though, giving kids more exercise to help boost their reading scores.
NPR News Headlines
- Rep. Patrick Meehan, Reeling From 'Soul Mate' Scandal, Won't Run Again
- Trump Intended To Fire Special Counsel Mueller In June, 'New York Times' Says
- Jerry Brown's Last State Of The State Mixes Optimism And Warnings
- A Father, A Husband, An Immigrant: Detained And Facing Deportation
- New Fossil Found In Israel Suggests A Much Earlier Human Migration Out Of Africa
News from Michigan Radio
- Eastern Michigan may eliminate 60 jobs because of budget deficit
- Stateside 1.25.2018
- Michigan’s 911 system is nearly half-century old, but big updates are pending
- Howes: Michigan needs an ambassador to the world. The best candidate? Rick Snyder.
- MSU composer up for a Grammy with “love letter” to symphony orchestra