Coming up: We’re throwing a New Year’s party, complete with cocktails, dancing, revelry...and regrets. If you’re auditioning for musical theatre these days, take notes at Intermission - we’ll have a list of songs that casting directors do NOT want to hear - and offer you a few alternatives. In Act Two - the Morning After.
Click through for this week's playlist!
Here's this week's playlist:
- RENT (1996) - Happy New Year
- STOP THE WORLD I WANT TO GET OFF (1962) - Gonna Build A Mountain
- RAISIN (1973) - Booze
- THE WILD PARTY (2000 - Lippa) - Let Me Drown
- THE WILD PARTY (2000 - LaChiusa - Welcome to my Party
- BYE BYE BIRDIE (1962) - A Lot of Livin'
INTERMISSION: We're featuring songs that casting directors are tired of hearing, as well as a few alternatives to try! (Based on an article at theatrenerds.com.)
- BELLS ARE RINGING (1956) - The Party's Over
- THE HANGOVER (2009) - Stu's Song
- HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING (1961) - Coffee Break
- SWEET CHARITY (1966) - There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This
- PROMISES, PROMISES (1968) - Promises, Promises
- RENT (1996) - Happy New Year B
Click below to get your heart beautifully broken by Judy Holliday with, "The Party's Over," from the 1960 Vincente Minnelli movie of BELLS ARE RINGING.
Did you spend some time on the boards yourself? We'd love to hear your Musical Theatre War Stories - and share them on the air! Tell us about your biggest triumphs, your catastrophic failures, your near-misses and brilliant saves. Call the IPR Comment Line at 231-276-4444 and leave us a message. We'd also love to hear your Show Tune requests so we can play your favorites!