Welcome to Episode 32 of Show Tunes with Kate Botello! Coming up: we’ll get into War and Peace with Josh Groban, go to Paris, and try to age gracefully. Or not. We’ll check in with some of the shows of the moment, and, at Intermission, bend your brain a bit with some Broadway trivia.
Click through for this week's playlist!
This week's playlist:
- THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL (1997) - Overture
- NATASHA, PIERRE AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 (2016) - Overture/Pierre
- JERSEY BOYS (2005) - Sherry
- AN AMERICAN IN PARIS (2015) - (I'll Build a) Stairway to Paradise
- CAN-CAN (1953) - I Love Paris
- GIGI (1973) - Paris is Paris Again
- DEAR WORLD (1969) - Garbage
- PIPPIN (1972) - No Time At All
- KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY (1938) - September Song
- 70 GIRLS, 70 (1971) - The Elephant Song
- THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL (1997) - Finale
EPILOGUE: NATASHA, PIERRE AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 - Letters "In 19th Century Russia we write letters..." Hear letters from Pierre, Natasha, Mary and Anatole (and Anatole stirring up some trouble with his in particular!)
This week's video: Ben Vereen and the cast of PIPPIN at the 1973 Tony Awards (choreography by Bob Fosse):
Did you spend some time on the boards yourself? We'd love to hear your Musical Theatre War Stories - and share them on the air! Tell us about your biggest triumphs, your catastrophic failures, your near-misses and brilliant saves. Call the IPR Comment Line at 231-276-4444 and leave us a message. We'd also love to hear your Show Tune requests so we can play your favorites!