Welcome to Episode 27 - the Season Three premiere of Show Tunes with Kate Botello! Tonight: neighbors, pesky and otherwise, and we’ll hear some songs about a hot button issue - the telephone. Then, a it’s a WICKED intermission! We’ll talk with the lovely Emily Koch, who just wrapped up her turn as Elphaba in the national tour of WICKED. In Act Two: feeling down? Need a boost to your self esteem? We’ve got you covered.
Click through for this week's playlist!
- ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY (1978) - Overture
- EVERYDAY RAPTURE (2009) - Won't You Be My Neighbor?
- THE MOST HAPPY FELLA (1956) - Sposalizio!
- THE PERILS OF PAULINE (1947) - Rumble, Rumble, Rumble
- KRISTIN CHENOWETH: LET YOURSELF GO (2001) - The Girl in 14G
- CABARET (1966) - The Telephone Song
- RENT (1996) - Voice Mail #1
- NO, NO NANETTE (1925/1971) - Telephone Girlie
- RENT (1996) - Voice Mail #4
- WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN (2010) - Model Behavior
INTERMISSION: We hang out with the delightful Emily Koch. She dropped by the studio right before her last leg as Elphaba in the National Touring Company of WICKED.
Emily's pick from WICKED (2003) - The Wizard and I
- FUNNY GIRL (1964) - I'm the Greatest Star
- STARMITES (1989) Diva!
- LA CAGE AUX FOLLES (1983) - I Am What I Am
- ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY (1978) - Finale/Reprise
Here's Laura Benanti performing "Model Behavior" at the Drama Desk Awards. She has a minor mic mishap, but, as always, handles it like a genius.
Did you spend some time on the boards yourself? We'd love to hear your Musical Theatre War Stories - and share them on the air! Tell us about your biggest triumphs, your catastrophic failures, your near-misses and brilliant saves. Call the IPR Comment Line at 231-276-4444 and leave us a message. We'd also love to hear your Show Tune requests so we can play your favorites!