Jenie Altruda has found a happy balance between a professional life and an artsy upbringing here at Interlochen. After growing up surrounded by various artistes and theatre types, ICA gives her the opportunity to combine business expertise with a love of the arts.
We spent a terrific hour together listening to some of her favorite music. This is a cool, eclectic mix, with everything from favorites you might know and love (Bach Cello Suite, anyone?) to pieces new to IPR that may become new favorites (Goat Rodeo! Giacchino! Duckworth!).
Jenie had so much great music that we couldn't fit it all into our hour together on-air. Never fear! You can still hear it all - click, "Read more," to see a list and enjoy more than two hours of Jenie's choices. Listen to our full conversation and hear the music in context in the streaming link, below.
LIFETIME FAVORITES: JENIE ALTRUDA, ICA VP OF COMMUNICATIONS & ENGAGEMENT
Listen on Spotify, below, or click here (links to the web player; opens a new browser window. Account required (free).
JENIE ALTRUDA'S PLAYLIST:
- Concerto for 2 celli and strings/Allegro/Vivaldi
- Symphony No. 5/Adagietto/Mahler
- Prelude No. 2 "Blue Lullaby"/Gershwin
- Russian Dance/Petrouchka/Stravinsky
- Cello Suite No. 1/Prelude/JS Bach
- Here and Heaven/Goat Rodeo
- Symphony No. 3/Poco allegretto/Brahms
- Prelude No. 4/The Time Curve Preludes/Duckworth
- Married Life/"Up" - the Motion Picture/Giacchino
- Four Last Songs/September/R. Strauss
- Daphnis and Chloe/Daybreak/Ravel
- Lt. Kije/Romance/Prokofiev
- Violin Concerto No. 2/Allegro moderato/Prokofiev
- Vocalise (with saxophone)/Rachmaninoff
- Concerto for two cellos/Allegro/Vivaldi
- Piano Concerto No. 2/Allegro scherzando/Rachmaninoff
- Pavane (for saxophone quartet)/Faure
- Sonata No. 1 for Violin and Piano/Allegro agitato/Saint-Saens
- The Sea and Sinbad's Ship/Scheherezade/Rimsky-Korsakov
- Piano Concerto No. 1/Andantino semplice/Tchaikovsky
- The Moldau/Ma Vlast/Smetana
- Asturias/Suite Espanola/Albeniz
- Fanfare for the Common Man/Copland