Republican Carolyn Cater spent a dozen years working on ships in the Great Lakes. Cater was once a coal-passer on the S.S. Badger, spending her time shoveling coal into the ship’s boilers. Cater is now running for Michigan’s 101st state House District seat, which runs from Ludington to Northport.
NPR News Headlines
News from Michigan Radio
- ACLU says ICE coerced detainees into signing paper that could help deport them
- Opponents are the only ones who show up for a hearing on new state social studies standards
- Houghton Co. dealing with "catastrophic" flooding
- Gov. Snyder: State will pony up $50 million for Soo Locks, wants feds to pick up rest of $900 M tab
- Pompeo: U.S. taking "hard line" on trade, China, "foreign practices that harm America"