Most people who knew Jean Parsons, will tell you— she was tough and expected a lot from her students. Jean never married, and didn’t have any children. So, she spent her days pouring into her art and investing in her students. Now, one of her students has created remembrance of her in the Benzie County village of Lake Ann.
New Release of the Week
NPR News Headlines
- Mississippi State Ends UConn's 111-Game Winning Streak
- NPR Poetry Month Kicks Off With Your Twitter Submissions
- Barbershop: 'Bathroom Bill,' VP Pence's Marriage Beliefs
- New West Bank Settlement Approval Appears To Defy Ambiguous 'Policy Of Restraint'
- It May Be Too Soon For Congress To Grant Flynn Immunity In Inquiry Over Russia Ties
News from Michigan Radio
- Week in Review: A battle over sinkhole funding and a soon-to-be empty state Supreme Court seat
- Trump makes a deal with Iraq, and hundreds suddenly face deportation
- How a Lake Michigan community banded together to save their dunes from development
- Opioid-related deaths in Ingham County continued to rise in 2016
- Stateside 3.31.2017