Child care is hard to find in northern Michigan. Parents face year-long waiting lists to find someone to take care of their infants while they’re at work, and some are resorting to illegal providers they find on Facebook or Craigslist.
New Release of the Week
NPR News Headlines
- Wage Deal Averts Threatened Boycott By U.S. Women's Hockey Team
- Run-Up To Census 2020 Raises Concerns Over Security And Politics
- U.N. Human Rights Investigators Killed In Democratic Republic Of The Congo
- Trump Lawyers Claim Immunity In Sex Harassment Suit, Just As Bill Clinton Did
- Mississippi Journalist Who Chronicled Civil Rights Era Dies At 94