Another retired Marine Corps officer is considering a run for northern Michigan’s seat in U.S. Congress. This time it’s a Democrat. Matt Morgan of Traverse City says he has filed paperwork to challenge Rep. Jack Bergman (R-Watersmeet) next year.
New Release of the Week
NPR News Headlines
- In Conflict With Trump Agenda, California Sets Stricter Auto Emissions Standards
- How Much Are Colin Kaepernick's Political Views Impacting His Unsigned Status?
- Trump Backlash In Germany Gives Merkel Challenger Martin Schulz A Boost In Polls
- If Congress Kills FCC Privacy Rules, 'Little' Would Protect Consumers From Providers
- Concerns After Texas School Opens 'Prayer Room' That's Attracting Muslim Students
News from Michigan Radio
- Approval may come soon for proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Final hurdle before the start of the next phase of Flint's Fast Start pipe replacement
- Jackson city council takes up challenge to anti-discrimination ordinance
- Federal watchdog agency to audit Flint demolition costs
- To hyphenate or not to hyphenate?