A new predator has emerged for piping plovers in the Great Lakes. Snowy owls were recently seen eating plovers in several locations along the Great Lakes, including Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore in lower Michigan and Vermilion Point in the Upper Peninsula.
NPR News Headlines
- Former Washington, D.C., Archbishop Removed From Ministry Over Abuse Allegation
- For Next U.S. Commander In Afghanistan, 'This Is About Protecting U.S. Citizens'
- Melania Trump Pressured President Trump To Change Family Separation Policy
- ICE Carries Out Its Largest Immigration Raid In Recent History, Arresting 146
- Poll: Democrats Fired Up Against Trump In Midterms, But GOP Rallying Around Him
News from Michigan Radio
- Michigan paralympian works to make ballroom dancing to be accessible for everyone
- MorningSide 48224, part 2. Slide, Ride or Die
- What it's like to be a foster parent for separated migrant kids
- Detroit suburb applies mosquito control briquettes to catch basins
- Business leaders and educators are joining forces to solve Michigan's education problems