Last night, hundreds of protesters gathered in downtown Kalkaska. Two groups stood on either side of U.S. 131 near the National Trout Memorial. The protest was over Facebook posts made by Kalkaska village president, Jeff Sieting.
New Release of the Week
NPR News Headlines
- China Releases Peace Prize Winner Liu Xiaobo From Prison After Cancer Diagnosis
- Scientists Try To Break Nigeria's Cycle Of Replanting Bad Yams
- How To Pick Kids' Apps For The Backseat This Summer
- The Anti-Trump 'Resistance' Tries To Rebuild After Stinging Georgia Loss
- Moonwalkers' Apollo 11 Capsule Gets Needed Primping For Its Star Turn On Earth
News from Michigan Radio
- Detroit 67: Perspectives exhibit digs deep into one of the city's bloodiest episodes
- It’s hard to find help for human trafficking victims in Michigan. One researcher aims to change that
- Defiant to depressed: 10% of Flint household owed more than $1,000 in water bills this spring
- ACLU: Expand temporary stay on Iraqi deporations nationwide
- Taking the "lion's share"